Monday, September 7, 2009

landed!

I type this from my cousin's desk in Brixton, London where I arrived two hours ago from Oz. I had a great flight over, sitting in the Exit Row next to the window, and saw 4 good films, then 6 hours sleep. My leg from Bangkok to Heathrow was shared with American photo journalist Jeff who was on his way back from covering the elections in Afghanistan- a pretty interesting seat mate. I asked for his thoughts on Art such as puppetry or dance in the face of daily bombings/snipers/roadside dead bodies; he felt strongly that it was incredibly important to keep creating (especially in the face of uncertainty and destruction), and that with his photos, he was just trying to get people to understand that we are all very similar, and should try to communicate better, and make the world a better place... My puppeteering sentiments exactly.

After all that intense philosophy and introspection, it has been a relief to reach my cousin's kitchen. First Pommie food? Cheddar cheese on white bread with Branston pickle, then baked beans and fish fingers. Aah yes, the sweet taste of Nostalgia!

1 comment:

  1. Fancy landing in a new country and being greeted to a meal of Branston Pickle on white bread!! Sounds lovely gg. Gld you're safe on the ground again.
    Shane xo

    ReplyDelete