Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mission Statement

This Blog is intended to follow my travels to Charleville-Mezieres World Puppetry Festival, which happens every 3 years. I am attending thanks to a Professional Development grant from the Government of South Australia through Arts SA (thankyou very muchly).

The Festival is from Fri Sept 18-Sun Sept 27, and my mission (which I am definitely choosing to accept) is to attend as many shows/lectures/workshops as possible, budget and stamina permitting.

I will post daily if possible (there goes my last remaining vestige of stamina), and I promise to be as succinct and hopefully humorous as possible.

I can also promise to NOT BE very academic or post-post-modern critical. I will just give my humble (or not so humble opinion/experience), and look forward to your challenging Comments.

I would also encourage you to request activities of me: give me a question to ask a Speaker at a lecture; beg me to get your favourite puppeteer's autograph; dare me to steal a momento from someone's show (now we all know that is VERY naughty); send me your T-shirt size for some Festival Merchandise... the list is endless!

I will determindly learn how to upload photos, and will do my best to use as many pics as possible between all the pesky sentences (yawn).

If you know anyone who is going to Charleville, please Post a note so we can get together and upload one of those hideous but hilarious self-arm's-length-portraits with bad double chins and red eyes just for you.

I am SO looking forward to this, cheers :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment